19 September 2005

Hot tub & jammin'

Two highlights of this phenomenal week just past. Last Sunday was our first opportunity to enjoy the hot tub, one of the newest additions to Isabella Freedman. It’s not open to us when guests are on site, and we’re working on getting tub time on Thursday nights, too, but in the meantime, Sunday nights have become a treat.

Two and a half weeks ago, so I forgot to mention, we went bowling on our Thursday night off. Among about 10 players on two lanes, I impressively scored far highest; strangely even higher than Jonathan D., who until this past spring worked in an alley and played in leagues. Guess it just wasn’t his night. 172 may even have been my all time high score; I guess I found my groove, hitting several strikes and spares during just one first and only game of the night.

This past Thursday, we had a jam session on the porch of the main building. I brought my drum, which I haven’t played in many moons, and had a blast playing it and some others while about a dozen of us from Teva and Adamah (the Jewish sustainable farming fellowship program at Freedman) jammed together for three hours. Though exhausting, it was so much fun! Drums, dance, tap dance, guitar, mandolin, and more all came together.

More to say about the past week, the first with kids, and my new responsibilities. I’ll continue writing later today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home