27 September 2005

Yay for Short Updates!

Yeah, so I’ve set aside the .Mac blogging idea for now and turned to Blogger for ease and convenience. Another week has passed in a flash. Feels like just two days ago that we had the last Monday night campfire with the kids, and as much Sunday night in the hot tub felt so soon after last weekend’s time there. Yep, not only am I whelmed (not overly so) with fun stuff to do, I’m also having a blast with everything else, too.

Last night, I went to the Adamah house to hang out and we watched Space Balls full of laughter and fun times. Every day I witness how perfect this community is for me. On Saturday, Adam Berman (Freedman director) and I enjoyed a 90-minute bike ride over the local mountains including down and exciting dirt road. On the way down, we saw two enormous houses that look like hippopotamus heads. At the bottom, Adam asked that I remind him never to ride his road bike down that road again. “It wouldn’t have survived had we not pumped the tires before we left,” he said.

Stepping back another day . . . we had 34 people in Brown House kitchen Friday night. Finally we had an opportunity to do Shabbat together with Adamah. (Last week they were occupied with a specially scheduled shabbaton for themselves alone.) Guests included, getting food was a challenge alone, but still so much fun.

As for work during the week, much of my time has me working on Teva’s Bring it Back to Our School (BBTOS) program. Teachers and Teva educators discuss possibilities based on what students have done or attempted in the past, what they’re studying this year, and what might interest them. Then, with clever guidance from the collective staff, students select a project and produce a basic plan for carrying it out. So, I’ve been participating in Nili’s meetings with teachers and serving as a resource to them and to students, too, during their planning sessions.

Other excitement: on Saturday, I was named Superman after I performed some feat of constant goodness to our community. I don’t remember what it was, but every day I’m getting recognition for my positive participation in people’s lives. This place will be hard to leave at the end of the year.

So, with my continued feeling that I’m not journaling enough about my experiences, I’m going to fit in one or two short posts each day about my activities. See you in the morning!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home