29 September 2005

A Long Week Ends

OK. So, one week is really no longer than the next, but this one was hectic and busy. Most work was done in good spirits, though. However, I was so happy when the kids were gone at 2 and I had just five minutes to drown in one of the couches of the mo’adon (lounge), time when I was neither working nor sleeping. Yeah, that felt good.

Shortly, my note taking skills will be put to good use during the Achdoot conclusive staff meeting. Then, dinner at 5, after which I help clean up the kitchen. Afterward, it’s party time! Nili’s birthday is today and we’ll be saying goodbye to several folks who were only here for the first month; Ilan, Yoni, and Mel on headed off. On the plus side of that, Yoni will be representing Teva as he assists with cleanup work in New Orleans. Our blessings to him and the rest. Nili’s blessings to us, since that’s the tradition around here for birthdays. Yakir is leaving for two weeks for the holidays, but will be back to assist with random Freedman tasks and surely will find his place with Teva along the way, too. Naturally.

Glad to have this opportunity to write to you this afternoon, before all the action of the rest of the day. Adamah will be joining us for the celebrations, too. Meanwhile, folks are getting ready to leave for the holiday week. I’m hanging around here, though currently planning to join Noam, Eli, and a few others on an Appalachian Trail backpacking journey that departs Sunday. That should be a perfect way to celebrate the new year. I’m excited about it, anyway.

Network continues to be funky around here. I’ve spent various hours troubleshooting and found two problems. For one of them, I think I understand the root cause but I haven’t a clue how Windows wants me to fix it. Not enough choices, as far as I can tell. Funny thing.

The Bring It Back to Our School administration is getting easier for me. I’m happy about that, as I imagine Nili is, too. Less stress for her during the week.

OK. Off to my meeting. Talk to you soon. Or, perhaps, let me know whether you want to hear from me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home