01 October 2005

Shabbat with Adamah

So, this weekend I spent Shabbat with Adamah. I communed with folks for lunch yesterday afternoon in the Gan (garden) and by the cob oven, which was being prepared for cooking dinner. Also participated in their week closure circle, similar to Teva's Thursday afternoon check-in/communal meeting. Then, after some time home, I headed there for the evening. Fun davvening and dinner as always. I helped clean up the table and get the space ready for eating. Gabe's salad was probably the highlight of the meal: fresh spinach, acorn squash, and ___ from the Sadeh, mixed with tofu, apple, and walnuts. Yum!

Home to Brown for the night but I was back with the crew most of the day. Made conversation this morning with the goats and chickens and Adam led yoga in the yurt a while later. Then, after a shower and some delicious cheese blintzes with maple syrup, I was back to the Adamah House for lunch and the afternoon. Washed dishes from lunch, making up for my loss of opportunity last night when I was exhausted. One hour for a double sink full and only two soup pots full of water used, having first stopped home to pickup Dobie and Ecover for effective washing.

Did some reading (first time in such a long time that I sat down to read a book!) and took a short nap while others walked to the Sadeh to show guests. Eventually, we enjoyed a small seudah shleesheet (third meal) and did havdalah together. Also, Rebecca and I drove to Stop & Shop to satisfy some communal cravings for chocolate. I bought a pint each of New York Super Fudge Chuck and Chunky Monkey to share. Everyone who ate was happy. Hung out there for a while and also helped Steve transfer supplies for tomorrow's biodiesel workshop. We're converting four vehicles.

That's about it for now. Not sure yet what all I'll be doing this week. Still have to spend some time with the network, trying again to figure out how to fix the connection sharing issues. Fun times to all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home