03 October 2005

Hiking AT for RH

Today was a somewhat fun-filled day of converting vehicles to SVO (straight vegetable oil). The fact that the technology exists and has for so long is cool; there just wasn't much for some of us to do most of the day. Eli and I headed home for lunch about 1; enjoyed more pizza bagels. I relaxed for a bit and eventually his friend, Matt, arrived. So, we headed back to the farm to check on stuff. After not so long, though, we left and went to visit the Sadeh, where we helped weed beets. Then, after a short tour of Falls Village, we headed back to Freedman for dinner.

I went out to do my Energy Man rounds, checking thermostats, lights, and windows around camp. Also did some other work for Adam, and watched this past week's episode of Alias. Finally, Eli, Matt, and I went to pick up Noam from the train station, and stopped at Adamah on the way home to chat with Cara about the hike this week.

So, yeah, tomorrow, for the first time in many years (seven, I think), I'm hiking on the Appalachian Trail. We're going to setup base camp tomorrow around lunchtime and enjoy day hikes in the afternoon and Tuesday and Wednesday. Matt will leave tomorrow evening around the same time Cara, Lulu, and Jason meet up with us for the rest of the trip.

I'll be out of electronic contact until our return Wednesday evening, though I'll probably carry my phone just in case there's a signal. Otherwise, I look forward to telling you about it when we get back. Now, time to stage and pack! Hag Sameach (Happy Holiday).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home