24 November 2005

A Night Away . . . at Home

Just spent my first full night at the Adamah House, distinctly deciding that I'm too long for this couch when I got up a bit sore. However, I woke to piles of snow outside, snow that continues to fall as I type. Last night, the few of us left of the TevAdamah crew (Rebecca, Zim, Gabe, Sabrina, Linda, and me) cheffed a delicious meal, shared with Gilad, Michal, Jason, and Uman. [Gilad is Freedman's mashgiach (kosher supervisor) and his wife, Michal, is the vegan chef; Jason did Adam over the summer and stayed part of the fall to work on energy projects, including the major biodiesel operation centered in the Adamah garage; and Uman recently departed another Freedman staff position.]

Anyway, there were appetizers and a main course, and plenty of entertainment to follow. Michal showed her wedding pictures and we listed to good music for a while. Later, the six of us watched an episode of Da Ali G Show and followed it up with Harold & Maude, a 1970s film Sabrina really wanted to see again. Most of us fell asleep during the latter; the music was good but the plot was weird.

By midnight when I put the movie on (on my computer, to which I had downloaded it last week), I figured I wouldn't be going home to Brown House. Later on I realized that there really wasn't anything I would have done there differently than staying here. I had my life with me due to Sabrina's viewing desires and good company to go with. So, a fun time all the way through. Not to forget making rolled french toast for anyone who wanted to enjoy it. Yes, rolled, that is, made with dinner rolls, because I couldn't find any other bread to use. Though, now that I think of it, there should be half a loaf of marble rye somewhere, but the rolled idea was cool and funny, so that was good.

Soon, I'll be headed back to campus. Need to do energy rounds, which I skipped yesterday, and start heating up the cabins for the wedding this weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home