22 November 2005

Snow!

Wow, the weeks just keep flying by. I can't seem to keep up with them anymore. Today we had our first snow. And it was a great one. It's mostly slushed and melted by now, but it was a beautiful fall. More forecast tonight, tomorrow night, and Thursday, as temperatures continue to drop. Thirties tomorrow and Thursday will lead to teens at night the latter half of the week. Three cheers for dressing in warm, comfy layers!!!

Last week was the first time I really had a set schedule of work times and activities during the week. I stuck to it most of the way and ended up amounting all the hours Nili and Adam have expected me to. That felt good. Also, having stuff to do all the time made having a schedule more worthwhile. This week, not so much, though, as all of Teva is gone for the holiday week. I'm still here, though, hanging with Adamah and working for Teva and Freedman as usual, just not as regular.

Nili invited me over for Thanksgiving festivities Thursday. She and Yosh have a whole gala planned, it seems, with people from their family and circle of friends, plus Teva bits, and more. That'll be a fun night!

Meanwhile, for the DC Energy Office, the GreenList is going strong and the January 2006 Green Calendar will be out in a couple weeks. Here's hoping people receiving the GreenList actually have time to read and enjoy its content. I admittedly don't always read the entirety of most of the articles I post and summarize, but I'm getting only positive feedback so far about the distribution. Again, let me know if you want it, too.

Unbelievably only three weeks left with I think 13 schools yet to come. Adamah officially ends the week before, but a lot of folks are planning to stay for the winter and some might even return next summer or fall to work on the campus in some other position.

As for me, Ian (Adamah fellow, native to D.C.–Baltimore corridor) has offered to drive me home on Monday, December 19, the day the rest of Teva is scheduled to depart. So, with his pickup, no worries about getting all my stuff home, including everything I've accumulated since I've been here.

Next year? I don't know yet where Teva might fit into my future. I look forward to spending more time with this community. Perhaps I'll look at scheduling and see if the spring season interferes with GreenDC Week plans with DCEO. As Nili has said before, if I can get a grant to pay me to work for her, I can come back. Also, Casey and I have been talking about continuing our "roommateship," which would be really cool. So, we'll see.

Now, need to write a letter before dinner to an author to try to get free copies of a book that is central to Teva's Shomrei Chayyot (guardians of the animals) curriculum.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home