28 November 2005

Ben "Apple Crisp" Rosenthal

This weekend I spent more time in the kitchen than probably all season before. We did a wedding and had a blast! Saturday evening, after Shabbat, I helped Michal prepare the meal for Sunday afternoon's festivities. First, I constructed the portobello towers that would be the vegetarian entrée. Then, I masterfully demonstrated my awesome Tetris skills and endurance by dishing mostly-still-frozen apple slices into 180 individual dishes, to be topped with crumbly topping, for the apple crisp dessert.

On Sunday, I worked on the wedding as needed all day (9 am to 7 pm), which included the two latter hours helping speed Tonia and company through the dish washing. Sure, we used a commercial dishwasher with a 45-second cycle, but for two hours!!! It was quite a hectic afternoon in there, but we made it through.

Afterward, we headed to the yurt for a wild party with some significant intoxication to go around . . . except me, of course. I was already high, anyway, on the previous 24 hours. This was my first opportunity to really work for Michal and we shared pleasure in the full experience, to the point that my nickname is now Apple Crisp. I'll be sure to put that on my résumé.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home