09 December 2005

A Play-in-the-Snow Kind of Day

This morning's energy rounds were possibly the best and the worst of the season. The best because I got to tromp through at least six inches of new snow, fallen the past 10 hours, to get from building to building. The worst because the group here this weekend is 150 high school students who just don't think about the energy thing or the common sense logic bit. Practically every room or space in every room I entered had a light on. Plus, thermostats were set to hold at 75° or 80°. (The requested max is 70°.) The same set of rooms and spaces also had no people inside. I'd be willing to bet that this is the most energy wasteful weekend of the entire year.

Meanwhile, with the snow continuing to fall so hard now, I'm trusting the meteorologists who forecasted six to 12 inches of snow today. Our "heavy snow warning" is in effect until 4 pm and, while I also have work to do today for Freedman, I will definitely find time to enjoy the weather and the white stuff on the ground. Of course, it'll be around all weekend, so there's plenty of time to stay warm playing late night frisbee in the snow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home